Start planning a debt free future today!
Check if you Qualify
Simply complete the form to see if you qualify for any of the available debt solutions.
A friendly & experienced advisor from Mop My Debt will contact you to discuss your circumstances.
They will explain all your options, so that you can decide which solution works best for you!
Who are BLS Collections?
BLS Collections are a well known debt collection company based in Oxford, England. They buy debts from companies which supply credit such as:
- Other high street banks
- Credit card companies
- Loan companies
- Other large creditors
If this sounds familiar to you, it is important that you seek debt advice immediately before the debt escalates. My team has lots of experience in dealing with BLS Collections and we can guide you through our processes to stop them in their tracks.
So let’s find out more about BLS Collections and how they work …
Will BLS Collections come to my house to collect debts?
BLS Collections may have appointed field agents to make home visits to discuss the alleged debt. These visits can be very distressing not only for the person who is the named debtor, but for the entire family. These methods can have a detrimental effect to your mental and physical health, and to the people around you.
These are all very common tactics which BLS Collections use to get in touch with the people who owe them money. Without appointing a debt company to represent you, this may continue.
As a long-established independent debt website, we have a vast experience of dealing with creditors such as BLS Collections. We understand the tactics that they use, and we can work with you to get them to stop.
How will BLS Collections chase me if I don’t pay?
Creditors such as BLS Collections use computer systems (often known as customer relationship management systems) to keep on top of their debtors. They often follow a debt process which will make them the most profit. These methods are often seen as aggressive and you may have seen documentaries and news articles criticising the heavy-handed nature of debt collectors and bailiffs. Although the Government have come some way to reduce their powers, the main tactic continues: intimidation.
The first point of contact which BLS Collections may use will be an introductory phone call and letter. This is to set out their pre-action protocol. You will usually receive (in writing) a letter explaining the total amount of debt owed, any charges/penalties which may have been accrued and a tight deadline for you to repay the debt in full. The letter will usually mention what steps will happen if you do not pay the debt in full. These steps are usually:
- A home visit
- A county court judgement (CCJ), issued by BLS Collections if you fail to repay the debt within this tight deadline
- A threat of bankruptcy (usually if the debt is over £750)
Letters like this are very standard with every credit provider and not just BLS Collections. It is important to not take these letters personally. There is help at hand, but you should act quickly.
If you have been contacted by BLS Collections, contact us immediately and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
How we help people with BLS
When you first contact us, you will notice that all of our employees are vastly experienced in dealing with creditors such as BLS Collections. As one of the largest debt websites in the United Kingdom, we pride ourselves in dealing with a high amount of debt related queries in an empathetic, effective and speedy fashion.
We request reviews from every single customer who we help, some of them have given very detailed feedback on how we have helped them and how it has completely changed their lives (in a very short space of time). So please check out these reviews and see for yourself!
We deal with a variety of debt solutions and a wide range of debt companies. This means that you will always find the best debt solution for yourself, without exception. As we are not tied to any one particular company, we can work hard to ensure you repay the very minimum that you need to.
What rights do BLS Collections have?
- BLS Collections can send letters to addresses where they think that you live, including new addresses which you have not provided to them
- BLS Collections can call you on phone numbers which they believe you to have access to
- BLS Collections can visit you at your home, or appoint representatives to visit you at home
- BLS Collections can add charges, interest and penalties in accordance with the original agreement you entered into
- BLS Collections may have the “right to offset”. This usually happens in situations when you have a debt with a bank, but you may also have money held within that same bank (for instance a credit card and a current account)
- If you do not pay on time, BLS Collections may register a default on your credit file. This sometimes happens very quickly, but you should be given notice of this upfront. If a default is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- BLS Collections can apply for a county court judgement (CCJ). If a CCJ is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- If your debt with BLS Collections is over £5000, they can issue a statutory demand. This is usually the first step in petitioning for your bankruptcy. You would need to appoint a legal representative (usually a solicitor) to represent you in these circumstances.
What rights do I have against BLS Collections?
As a citizen of the United Kingdom, you are given certain rights to protect you and your family’s wellbeing.
- BLS Collections can not harass you. They contact you as many times as they want as long as this is ‘reasonable’. This does not have any solid definition but be assured that this means that you should not feel harassed by BLS Collections. You cannot use this as a defence to avoid repaying your debt. You can ask that BLS Collections only contact you in writing, but if you do this you must make sure that you are responsive to these letters.
- BLS Collections cannot speak to your family, friends or neighbours about your debts. This is in line with UK data protection laws.
- BLS Collections cannot pretend that they have powers which they do not possess. In the past creditors have used documents which look like official court document. A law has passed to prevent this happening now.
- BLS Collections cannot be threatening, abusive or tell lies to collect debts.
If you are worried about BLS Collections, you should contact us immediately by calling the number on top of this page, or by clicking “Get Started for Free”.